Base Design Examples
*The following are level 5 Outpost Designs*
The best layout for Outpost 3, 4 & 5 are different due to the amount of land squares and buildings available.You can however take the future design in consideration when designing you base. This can make the redesign easier in the future.
- You want to protect your Outpost (OP) and warehouses (WH) as much as possible. You lose 20% of your resources when your OP is destroyed, and 10% for EACH warehouse lost.
- Resource Gatherers (RG) are NOT important to defend. If they are destroyed, you only lose what is in them and they repair fast. Place these near the front of where an attacker has to go to get to your OP & WH, so if he fails in the first attempt they help get you a bubble to prevent a second attempt.
- Protect your dock. A destroyed dock must be repaired before you can launch fleets. It takes about 17 to 20 minutes to repair your dock.
- Protect your labs while they are upgrading (research will still carry on if the respective lab is destroyed). There are not enough land tiles to place, even with an OP5, to safely protect all your labs at the same time, so you must decide which ones need protecting, and then move them in and out of the safe zone when you are upgrading them. When a building that is in the process of upgrading is destroyed, extra time will be added to the completion time that was left previously (I know, it sucks).
- Research/upgrade your defensive platforms/walls/turrets to
level 3 ASAP. Level 1 and 2 platforms will fall fast. Lvl 3 will make
the attacker decide if it is worth losing a big chunk of his fleet to
- Research lvl 3 sentinels and howitzers . Level 1 and 2 do not hit hard enough to protect you once you are past lvl 17 or so.
- Upgrade to lvl 3 wall will stop a lot of ballistic attack.
- Add a few victory mortars for the longer range.
- Place all defenses in 1st or 2nd land tiles, unless deploying mortars as mortars have minimum and maximum range.
- Base defense MUST be your priority. Fleet/ship upgrades are secondary.
- 1 Square = 20 ship range
- One can choose to use fleets in the map interface to "guard base" so that other players cannot go straight to one's base.
- This serves as the first line of defense against base hitters.
- However beware that by placing one's fleets all guarding one's base, one may have to suffer the fate of not being able to repair all fleets due to low levels of any one of the resources available after the base is being hit.
- Note: you need resources to repair base too.
- As far as possible, use the resources before you log off so
that base hitters cannot farm you. Farming is the process where other
players rob you of your riches regularly.
- Farms typically are easy hit and not well protected with very big rewards, as compared to the repair cost.
- Therefore to stop farming, change your base design asap, create a moat around your Outpost and warehouses.
- Every time someone attacks, change the design of the base.
- Do resource gathering and upgrades under dome protection.
- Hit his fleet under dome protection too. (and he will be so mad yet so "calm" because he cant attack you.)
- Do not stop and mine using your fleet in case he hit back. Learn to hunt for salvages instead.
- If he hides under dome protection, rest assure that he is a coward and his base is not protected at all.
- If he start to protect his bases with ships, just hit his ships and play cat and mouse with his base. He will mostly hide under dome protection soon.
- Have a better Base Design than the ones above? Send a picture to email@example.com